When using CMC in the food production process, it is necessary to dissolve the CMC first. There are two usual methods—
1. Mix CMC with water directly to prepare a paste-like glue, then use it for later use. When configuring CMC paste, first add a certain amount of clean water to the batching tank with a stirring device. When the stirring device is turned on, slowly and evenly sprinkle CMC into the batching tank, and keep stirring, so that the CMC and the water are completely fused and the CMC can be fully melted. When dissolving CMC, the reason why it should be spread evenly and continuously stirred is “to prevent the problems of clumping, clumping, and reducing the amount of CMC dissolved when CMC meets water”, and to improve the dissolving speed of CMC. The stirring time and the time for complete melting of CMC are not consistent. They are two concepts. Generally speaking, the stirring time is much shorter than the time required for complete melting of CMC, and the time required for both depends on the specific situation. The basis for determining the stirring time is: when the CMC is uniformly dispersed in the water and there is no obvious large agglomerate, the stirring can be stopped, and the CMC and the water can penetrate and merge with each other in a standing state.
The basis for determining the time required for complete dissolution of CMC is as follows:
(1) CMC and water are completely bonded, and there is no solid-liquid separation between the two;
(2) The mixed paste is in a uniform state, and the surface is smooth and smooth;
(3) The color of the mixed paste is close to colorless and transparent, and there are no granular objects in the paste.
It takes 10-20 hours from the time CMC is put into the batching tank and mixed with water until the CMC is completely dissolved.
2. The CMC is first mixed with dry raw materials such as white granulated sugar in the form of a dry method, and then dissolved in water. During operation, first put CMC and white sugar and other dry raw materials in a certain proportion in a stainless steel mixer, close the top cover of the mixer, and keep the materials in the mixer in a sealed state. Next, turn on the mixer and mix the CMC and other raw materials thoroughly. Then, slowly and evenly sprinkle the mixed CMC mixture into the batching tank filled with water, and keep stirring, and the subsequent operations can be carried out with reference to the above-mentioned first dissolving method.
When using CMC in liquid or slurry food, it is better to homogenize the mixed material in order to obtain a more delicate tissue state and stable effect. The pressure and temperature used in the homogenization should be determined according to the characteristics of the material and the quality requirements of the product.
After CMC is formulated into an aqueous solution, it is best to store it in ceramic, glass, plastic, wooden and other types of containers, and it is not suitable to use metal containers, especially iron, aluminum and copper containers. Because, if the CMC aqueous solution is in contact with the metal container for a long time, it is easy to cause the problems of deterioration and viscosity reduction. When the CMC aqueous solution coexists with lead, iron, tin, silver, aluminum, copper and some metal substances, a precipitation reaction will occur, reducing the actual quantity and quality of CMC in the solution.
If it is not required for production, try not to mix calcium, magnesium, salt and other substances into the CMC aqueous solution. Because, the coexistence of CMC aqueous solution and calcium, magnesium, salt and other substances will reduce the viscosity of CMC solution.
The prepared CMC aqueous solution should be used up as soon as possible. If the CMC aqueous solution is stored for a long time, it will not only affect the adhesive properties and stability of CMC, but also suffer from microorganisms and insects, thus affecting the hygienic quality of raw materials.
Landcel’s CMC for food additives has a variety of different viscosities and types, many years of distribution experience, product quality is stable, and the effect is remarkable.